Sunday, June 19, 2011

Since my last post...

since my last post... I'm now on magnetic island, we went to the aquarium, turtle hospital, did a hike, went to balding bay, went to townsville, and hiked the fort trail where australian and american troops stay during wwII... off to tyrconnel tomorrow.  6 hour bus ride, yuck!



balding bay - saw a stingray here, did some rock climbing, went for a swim...without shoes on!

traditional australian cane toad racing... people bid on frogs, then the winning frog's better wins the pot!

turtle hospital - this is ruth!

on the bottom is what looks like a rock... its actually the most poisonous fish in the world.  The rock fish! 

On the Fort Trail hike

Me and Kat on the Fort Trail hike

check out that view and how blue the water is!  View from the fort where american/auz troops fought together

kat got a little bit too crazy at the fort.

my first koala sighting! it was too far away - this picture is taken on my camera when my camera was looking through binoculars.  Not an easy task I might add!

They are a little confused about american sports over here... see the backboard?  A little too far back, I think

1 comment:

  1. what a big girl, swimming barefoot! the pics look great. got your postcard today. thanks! miss you!

    ReplyDelete