Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is my buddy Jed, the owner from "On the Wallaby" (the place we stayed in Yungaburra)s dog with a serious case of depression.  But the town was so small, that he followed us to the pub, came inside, and hung out in the pub all night.  And everyone in there knew him.

The edge of the huge waterfall, a 280 meter drop

Kat and Brett checking out the view from over the edge down 280 meters!

Typical adidas shoes in the shot picture.  You can't tell , but the drop was so far - a lot farther than it looks like in this picture!

Cassie, Kat, me, Amanda, and Brittany and the view!

The group above the waterfall!

Unlike what my instructor told me (and I believed), rainbows are not upside down in the southern hemisphere.  Just the same as in ruff raleigh

Learning to boomarang from an Aboriginal man.  Didn't really get it down, but I'll keep working

Digeridooing it up. He played for us, and then his brother (another aboriginal elder) gave us each a totum, which is basically an animal and colors that go with it, and he sort of tells you your future.  My year is looking up - I'm going to meet my future husband before my studies are over.  But I have a "confidence issue," and he wants me to dress the way I feel and feel the way I dress.  He told Kat the same thing- we were both the only 2 people in sweatpants and t-shirts.  Coincidence?  I think not

No comments:

Post a Comment